140.01 EXERCISE OF POLICE POWER.
This chapter shall be deemed an exercise of the police power of the City under Chapter 306A, Code of Iowa, for the preservation of the public peace, health, safety and for the promotion of the general welfare.
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 306A.1)
The term “controlled access facility” means a highway or street especially designed for through traffic, and over, from or to which owners or occupants of abutting land or other persons have no right or easement or only a controlled right or easement of access, light, air or view by reason of the fact that their property abuts upon such controlled access facility or for any other reason.
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 306A.2)
140.03 RIGHT OF ACCESS LIMITED.
No person has any right of ingress or egress to or from abutting lands onto or across any controlled access facility, except at such designated points at which access is permitted.
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 306A.4)
140.04 ACCESS CONTROLS IMPOSED.
There are hereby fixed and established controlled access facilities within the City, described as follows:
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 306A.3)
- Project No. 221-7-68-85. On the Primary Road System extension improvement, Project No. 221-7-68-85, Primary Road No. 221, within the City, described as follows:
Beginning at the west corporate limits (Station 298+30) thence easterly to Main Street (Station 329+10)
regulating access to and from abutting properties along said highway all in accordance with the plans for such improvement identified as Project No. 221-7-68-85, on file in the office of the Clerk.
It is unlawful for any person to:
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 306A.3 and 321.366)
- Cross Dividing Line. Drive a vehicle over, upon or across any curb, central dividing section, or other separation or dividing line on such controlled access facilities.
- Turns. Make a left turn or a semicircular or U-turn except through an opening provided for that purpose in the dividing curb section, separation or line.
- Use of Lanes. Drive any vehicle except in the proper lane provided for that purpose and in the proper direction and to the right of the central dividing curb, separation, section or line.
- Enter Facility. Drive any vehicle into the controlled access facility from a local service road except through an opening provided for that purpose in the dividing curb or dividing section or dividing line which separates such service road from the controlled access facility property.
The parking of vehicles on or along controlled access facilities is restricted as follows:
- Minor Street Approaches. Parking shall be prohibited on all minor street approaches for a distance of thirty-five (35) feet in advance of the stop sign.
- Minor Street Exits. Parking shall be prohibited on the exit side of a minor street for a distance of thirty-five (35) feet.
- Intersection. Parking shall be prohibited on the Primary Road Extensions a distance of fifty-five (55) feet in advance of the near crosswalk and a distance of twenty-two (22) feet beyond the far crosswalk.
- Project No. 221-7-68-85. Parking of any nature is prohibited on Maple Street, Project No. 221-7-68-85, from the west corporation limits at Station 298+30 easterly on Maple Street to Main Street excepting a single line of parallel parking will be permitted on the north side from Station 322+22 easterly to Cottonwood Street and in the event the City provides an all-weather surface outside of the traveled wall a single line of parallel parking will be permitted on the south side from Green Street to Main Street.