The City of Roland does have regulations pertaining to snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles.
The operators of ATVs and snowmobiles shall comply with the following restrictions as to where ATVs and snowmobiles may be operated within the city:
- ATVs and snowmobiles shall be operated only upon streets which have not been plowed, and only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- During an emergency situation
The operators of ATVs and snowmobiles shall comply with the following restrictions as the where ATVs and snowmobiles may not be operated within the city:
- Upon city streets which have been plowed
- Upon an operating railroad right-of-way
- Upon any type of trails (unless designated as a ATV and/or snowmobile trail)
- Upon any city-owned park or property
- Upon any sidewalk or portion of street located between the street and the sidewalk commonly referred to as the “parking”
The owner and operator of an ATV or snowmobile is liable for any injury or damage caused by the negligent operation of the ATV or snowmobile.